Few unusual venues in England offer exclusive use with Butler service, and few can claim to have been the home to two Prime Ministers, played host to George IV and witnessed the infamous Lady Caroline Lamb introduce the Waltz to England in their Ballroom.
Each room at Brocket Hall offers its own charm and character, with superb furnishings and oil paintings. The Hall is available on an exclusive use basis providing excellent conference, incentive and entertainment facilities and prides itself on standards of excellence you would expect from somewhere that has entertained kings and queens, presidents and prime ministers for over 300 years.
To assist the Head Butler and Restaurant Managers in the smooth running and efficient operation of the Hall, Golf Clubhouse and Auberge du Lac. You should at all times strive to consistently deliver the highest level of guest care.
- Ensures all marks of respect, care and attention are paid to Brocket Hall's guests to the highest standard achieveable;
- To work as a team and present oneself to the highest standard possible;
- Receives guests, takes guests to their rooms, carries luggage and parks cars;
- Serves tea, coffee and refreshments as required;
- Serves food and wine;
- Prepares silver, china and glass for use; lays tables and folds napkins;
- Prepares rooms for events as per function sheet;
- Prepares and services bars;
- Prepares and services the Boardroom and other subsequent meeting rooms as required;
- Moves furniture to accommodate functions;
- Answers the telephone and resolves any issues/questions where necessary;
- Moves and prepares garden furniture in preparation for exterior functions;
- Takes care of the external front entrance area;
- Adheres to all Health & Safety aspects and fire; directs others to do the same;
- Ensures all safety and security aspects are complied with; prevents damage to goods and fabrics wherever possible;
- Prepares logs and fires in the Hall when appropriate;
- Opens and/or closes the House as required;
- Keeps all areas tidy and assists in all areas of the servery; stores food and wine correctly;
- Should be available to take on overnight duties as part of team;
- To be receptive and pro-active in your own training and development. To attend staff training when required;
- Accept other shifts (including evenings, weekends and nights) in other food & beverage areas on the estate as and when required subject to business demands, ensuring monthly contracted hours are achieved;
- To deliver the company products and departmental service standards in line with the Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) and company guidelines of the department. Ensuring high standards are continually met in all aspects of the department and thus meeting, whilst aiming to exceed, customer expectations at every opportunity;
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the duties you are required to undertake via briefings and constructive conversation with supervisors and management within each area;
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable about the menus and beverage services which are available and in which outlets they are served and at what times.
- Good standard of education;
- Preferably holds a Food & Safety in Catering Level 2 Certificate;
- Preferably 3 years minimum as a Butler or food service experience at a five star establishment;
- Excellent, concise and professional telephone manner essential;
- Should possess exceptional communication and organisational skills;
- Basic knowledge of food and wine desirable;
- Knowledge of licensing laws desirable;
- Immaculate personal appearance is required;
- A confident and mature approach is essential;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment;
- Should be self motivated, whilst understanding the importance of working as part of a team;
- A positive personality is essential;
- A desire to achieve customer satisfaction;
- Excellent spoken English. Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbally - at all levels.
Reports to: Head Butler
Liaises with: Butlers, Auberge du Lac and Golf Clubhouse Managers, Brocket Hall Event Co-ordinators, Kitchen, Housekeeping
This job description cannot be exhaustive due to the nature of hospitality and leisure industry. Therefore the jobholder can be required from time to time to carry out additional tasks as requested by the management.
Click here to apply >
<< BACK TO JOB LISTINGS